Research Interests: Financial Institutions, Incentives
Curriculum Vitae | SSRN author page | Google scholar page
- Wall Street and the Housing Bubble (March 2013)
(with Sahil Raina and Wei Xiong)
- Do Managers Do Good With Other People's Money? (January 2013)
(with Harrison Hong and Kelly Shue, Princeton and University of Chicago)
- Is corporate social responsibility symptomatic of agency?
- Convective Risk Flows in Commodity Futures Markets (December 2012 - updated version soon)
(with Wei Xiong and Andrei Kirilenko)
Yesterday's Heroes: Compensation and Creative
Risk Taking (June 2012) [list of firms]
- Who bears risk in commodity futures markets?
- NBER Working Paper #17921
(with Harrison Hong
and Jose Scheinkman,
Princeton and NBER)
Corporate Governance Spillovers (April 2011)
- Is the cross-section of pay levels among finance firms consistent with principal-agent theory?
- NBER WP #16176, European Corporate Governance Institute WP #285
- 2011 Standard Life Investments ECGI Best Finance Working Paper Prize
- Related coverage: [wsj]
- Accounting fraud is linked to poor corporate governance at competitors.
- The Hazards of Debt: Rollover
Freezes, Incentives, and Bailouts [slides]
(with Konstantin Milbradt, MIT-Sloan)
- Review of Financial Studies 2012, 25(4), 1070-1110.
- How should debt be structured to balance debt runs and risk-shifting?